Monday, November 10, 2008

Poor Little Deprived Child

Natalia is just like me.

Poor child.

She has the unfortunate distinction of inheriting my joints. She is double jointed just about everywhere. Her favorite thing to do right now is to pop her jaw in and out. I remember when I thought it was a fun party trick to do that. Now it just makes my jaw hurt and leave me unable to eat anything hard for a couple of days.

She has also been denied television for much of her short life. I didn't watch TV growing up and it didn't scar me too much. It may have led to my inability to multitask while in front of the TV, but I'm sure that has to do with my intense concentration skills. Okay, so I admit it. I get totally and completely sucked into TV. It really doesn't matter what it is. Infomercial, movie, Spanish soaps - I am transfixed.

Natalia is exactly the same way. When we are over at Danielle and Ava's the girls sometimes get to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She saw it once and became obsessed with Mickey and Minny. And now, you turn on the TV and she becomes a statue. There is no moving that girl, no distracting her from the fun and adventure of Mickey.



Ava will get up, walk around, play, look at the camera. Does Natalia do that? I don't think so.

No comments: