Friday, February 6, 2009

A Sweet Sweet Baby Girl

I have the sweetest baby girl in the world.

Tonight was the last night that I nursed Natalia. The time has come to stop that wonderful bonding daily practice. Never again will I see that same gleeful smile after she nurses. Never again will I get kicked in the face or watch her contort herself while nursing. Boo Hoo. I have been working on weaning her for about a month, but this week my body decided to give me a little helpful nudge.

And so, as I finished nursing Natalia before she went to bed, I shed a tear.

She looked up at me, smiled a huge toothy grin and said:

"Bye Bye Boob-boobs"

I smiled wistfully at her. "Yup, bye bye boob boobs."

Then she looked at me with a solemn and yet adoring look and said "Mommy sick" and gave me one of the biggest hugs she has ever given. We sat there for a minute while SHE rubbed MY back. It took my breath away.

I am such a lucky mom to be blessed with her.

2 comments:

SG said...

was it possible to not cry after reading that? love you cuz...im blessed to have you both.

much much love,

aunt sissi said...

she is the sweetest little girl in the universe! and you are the best blogger!